Thursday, December 20, 2007

Neo 1973 Power Management

Last weekend during my trip to Istanbul I made a simple test of the power usage of the Neo 1973. The GSM and dim light turned off, playing music with the media player and it went on at least for four hours. It was playing pretty hard stuff. I tried ogg, but apparently 200 MHz CPU of Neo was not enough to play ogg files and failing especially on fast distorted sounds so I go with mp3. It was still playing until I turned it off when we enter into the city, that was far more than I expected. Well, which is good news. I guess my time to switch my old T610 with Neo is near.

I made a list what do I need to switch Neo,

  • Flawless GSM implementation, talking and SMS. It's been quite a while since my first talk with the phone but I'm still having trouble sometimes, each new software update brings a bad surprise and I still check if GSM is still working after a new compile/flash process, well the bad news is it's chance of working is no more than a coin flip.
  • Power on time for whole one day which includes 20-30 minutes speaking, a couple hours dim light on with active usage, like reading stuff or writing messages. Around one hour music would be a plus.
  • An alarm clock.
  • A working GUI interface for fast charging with the wall charger (AC-USB adaptor).
  • Backup utility for address book and stored messages.

No comments:

Label Cloud